Brooklands Mueseum Fire and Rescue Service (BMFRS) is a small dedicated section of Brooklands Museum all of which are unpaid and hold fulltime jobs away from the Museum.
Other duties that are carried out by the team:
- Members of the team are part of the museum Health and Safety Commitee
- BMFRS carry out regular Fire Inspections, Health and Safety inspections of the Museum site to ensure compliance with Health and Safety Law
- BMFRS trains all staff and volunteers at Brooklands Museum in Fire Prevention training
- We also train other outside Groups in Fire Prevention ranging from Brownies, Guides, St John Ambulance Cadets to other Adult groups
- Both Fire and Medical cover for charity and private events off site
- Fire cover for the Double Twelve event at Mercedes Benz World
- Volunteer Air Crew Transport Drivers Wings and Wheels Dunsfold
- Fire cover for Powered by Mercedes event at Mercedes Benz World
- Assist regular Emergency Services during difficult times (2014 Floods)
The team cover all flying and vehicle events at the museum. training is carried out whilst on duty and at other times in their own time. (Over 1650 hours of unpaid time in 2009)
The section is a self funding part of the museum raising funds by covering external events such as Fetes and open days and fire cover at other events.
BMFRS are recognised members of the British Fire Services
Association since 2008